FABULOUS FRIDAY BY DONNA FITZGERALD

Its Friday need I say more! Here at the Fitzgerald home we cherish the weekends. It starts when everyone finally comes home usually with big smiles on their faces because it’s whatever you want to do time. The boys usually play the guitars, watch a movie and yes most Fridays its pizza night!

I’m usually at the keyboard writing away or chatting with Talina about plots, characters and sometimes nothing!

Since I live in a home that is always full of music, the steady clicking of the keys on the computer keyboard and chatter, I sometimes wonder if other people could come into our surroundings and function as a unit as well as we do.

The boys will sit just yards away from my writing nook and watch a movie without ever going “hey mama/honey could you stop that racket.” I think they have grown immune to the sound of my fingers tapping along with the ideas flying through my brain and I sit here working away while the background sounds of Bob and Jacob playing anything from tunes from the 80's to Joe Satriani in the garage to watching a fast paced action thriller on the TV. Perfect example they sat down with their dinner last night to Avatar blaring on the big screen and yes EXTRA stereo surround sound while I sat silently in my nook and worked on my WIP. The truth is when the house is quiet and they aren’t in the background, I find it hard to write.

The comforts of my family, moving along in the background, doing what they normally do whether it’s the music or stopping by my nook to chat are the greatest creative noises I know. It’s the sound of a house full of love and mutual respect for the individual things that we all love to do.

Now that I’ve given you a glimpse into the fabulous Friday here in the Fitzgerald home, I would love to know what our bloggers consider to be a fabulous Friday in your home. So drop us a comment and let us know.

Here’s hoping that regardless of the individual hobbies you may have, your home is filled with as much love and happiness my home is always filled with.

Happy Fabulous Friday everyone!

0 Responses